Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hand Washing - The Flats and Hand Washing Challenge


 

Hand Washing - Flats and Hand Washing Challenge

When I first started the challenge, hand washing was the part that made me the most nervous.  I have never had to hand wash anything , let alone diapers!  The thought of how I could do this was slightly overwhelming in the beginning so it’s a good thing I like a little challenge J.

My first adventure was going out to get the accessories needed, you can see the breakdown here.  Once I had that all set up, I just needed to get some dirty flats, one day later, and my sweet Hayley blessed me with those.  Then came the part I was dreading, the hand washing.  Here are a few tips that I learned along the way:

1.       Close your mouth when agitating vigorously (I won’t go into detail)

2.       Set a timer, and then PUSH START…otherwise you will be agitating by hand for a VERY long time and wondering why five minutes seems so long….

3.       Use enough soap, (but not too much) the first time, so you don’t have to agitate twice. 

4.       Wear rubber gloves so your hands don’t get calloused

5.       Roll the flats up in a towel and press on them with your knees
 
A few pictures of our process! 












 
All in all, hand washing was significantly easier than I had originally anticipated! My arms are a little sore, but that’s the sign of a good work out, right?

FYI, you can hand wash the covers the exact same way you do flats! Even in the same "load," easy peasy!



No comments :

Post a Comment