Saturday, May 25, 2013

Flats and Hand Washing Challenge

Day Trip in Flats!

I still remember the first time I ever left the house with my baby in cloth.  I was so nervous that she was going to leak everywhere that I brought three changes of clothes, and enough diapers to last her three days (we were just going to the grocery store).  I was a wreck.  I checked her multiple times while I was shopping and I even changed her in the car before putting her back into her car seat.  I look back now and wonder why I was so caught up in the fact that she might leak.  She never leaked at home, why would she in the 30 minutes we were at the grocery store?  Well, all those feelings flooded back into my mind when taking my daughter on a short day trip to visit a friend for the first time in FLATS. 

So, I stopped and thought about how unnecessary it was to over pack the diaper bag this trip.  Here is what I brought:

2 Rock-A-Bums Covers
1 Medium Wet Bag
10 cloth wipes
6 Flats
I love organizing <3
 
 
Now, if you're wondering if this was enough for our day trip, yes it was.  If you're wondering where the extra clothes are, they aren't in there.  If you're wondering if my daughter leaked, SHE DID.......Apparently her bladder had different plans and she held it for a while, and, well, the flats only have so much absorbency, so, you know the rest.  Luckily, the friend I was visiting has a son the same age, so we just borrowed some of his pants!!
 

 
 
 
 
 

5 comments :

  1. we have had lots of leaks this week. Home and out. I have found that one flat pad folded gets up 2 hours and any of the other folds 1 hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer on the leaks!!! We have been lucky here and haven't had any leaking (except our one trip)! Have you tried adding an extra flat or a half a flat for more absorbency?

      Delete
  2. We also had a couple of leaks with our flats. I've found if I pad fold and kind of fold more towards the front of the diaper (little boy) then I can also get a good couple of hours and make it through nap time. For only 11 weeks, little guy is a big wetter and there are certain times of the day when I have to have more absorbency or he will leak (right away in the morning is one of those times). It seems like he holds it most of the night and then the flood gates open up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nissa, I feel like my little girl does that too at night. Silly kids! We need some fast absorbency! Glad you found a flats solution that worked :)

      Delete
  3. My son was the same way (holds it all night, then the flood gates open in the morning) for quite a while. I think around 10 or 11 months is when he started peeing during the night. In any case I take it as a good sign that maybe he will potty train easy! We get a good three hours out of a pad fold now (he is 14 months) sometimes 4 hours. But he has always been a very light wetter.

    ReplyDelete